WINSYSTEMS’ PCM-VDX-2-512 is a PC/104-compatible 1 GHz single board computer that has two Ethernet, four USB 2.0, and four asynchronous serial channels plus expansion connectors for both PC/104 and Mini PCI I/O cards. Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) suppressors rated to ±15kV are included on the USB, Ethernet, and serial data ports for additional protection and will withstand multiple ESD strikes. Additionally, the USB ports have in-rush and over-current protection. All four independent, full-duplex serial channels support RS-232/422/485 levels and operate at data rates up to 115.2 Kbps.
The PCM-VDX-2-512 is based on the DMP Vortex86DX processor and is populated with 512 MB of soldered-on DDR2 SRAM plus a 1 MB SRAM that can be battery backed. The board also has a PATA controller that will support a Compact Flash card and an IDE drive. Other onboard peripherals include 16-lines of TTL-compatible digital I/O, PS/2 keyboard and mouse controllers, LPT interface, real time clock, watchdog timer, and activity LEDs. Mini PCI and PC/104 connectors support expansion I/O cards for wireless networks, video, etc. The board measures 90mm x 96mm (3.6″ x 3.8″), draws 5.5W, and will operate from -40°C to +85°C without a fan.
- Low Power 1 GHz Vortex86DX processor
- 512MB of soldered on board DRAM with Optional 512MB on board SSD flashdisk
- 1MB of battery-backed SRAM and CompactFlash socket
- Four USB 2.0 ports
- Four serial ports (RS-232/422/485)
- Two 10/100 Mbps Ethernet ports
- 16 Bidirectional GPIO with event sense
- CompactFlash socket
- Fanless, extended temperature operation -40°C to +85°C
- Runs Linux, DOS, and other x86-compatible operating systems
- Long-term product availability