Designed using the Maxim MAX197 successive approximation-type A/D chip, the 3820 provides eight single-ended 12-bit inputs. Additionally, the module provides two 12-bit D/A output channels and 16 TTL digital I/O bits that can be individually programmed as inputs or outputs.
Offering impressive functionality in a small, rugged form-factor, the 3820 is a perfect solution for a variety of PC/104-based data acquisition/control and test/measurement applications. The A/D inputs are software selectable for 0-5V, 0-10V, +/-5V, and +/-10V ranges and can be configured via hardware for measuring 4 ±20mA current loop. The inputs feature 5MHz bandwidth track/hold and 100K bps throughput rate. The two 12-bit D/A channels are jumper selectable for 4.095V or 2.048V full-scale. Software support for the board is provided for easy implementation using either Win32 library calls or a drop-in ActiveX control. The 3820 requires 5V only and is available in extended (-40° – +85°C) temperature range.
- Eight 12-bit A/D channels
- Inputs software-selectable for 0-5V, 0-10V, +/-5V, and +/-10V
- Inputs hardware-selectable for 0-20mA
- Outputs hardware-selectable for 0-2.048V or 0-4095V
- 16 digital I/O bits individually programmable as input or output
- Right-angle connectors available for OEM opportunities, 10-pin and 40-pin vertical header connectors standard
- Extended temperature range available (-40° - +85°C)