The UPS25ER is an intelligent power switch/battery charger that is designed to work with a non-isolated power supply and a 9.6V, 8-cell, NiMH 1500mAhr or NiCd 1000mAhr battery pack to form an UPS. The UPS25 is designed to charge a battery from 7.5V to 11.5V. Starter kits are available with 1500 mAh NiMH or 1000 mAh NiCd battery pack equipped with a 10K NTC thermistor. A typical application gives a 30 minute backup at 20 Watts.
The UPS25 enters battery backup when the main input falls below 10V. While above 10V, it charges the battery. The UPS25 routes power to your power supply module from either the main input or from the backup battery. The UPS25 generates a software enabled interrupt when the main power fails.
- Charges from 0C to +40C
- -10 to +65C backup with NiCd
- -20 to +65C backup with NiMH
- Wide 10-40 VDC input range
- Charger current limited to 1.2A
- Battery output voltage +9.6V nominal
- Adjustable backup voltage trip level
- Charger modes: Fast charge, Top off charge, and Trickle charge
- Battery temperature and voltage condition monitoring
- Two charger status LEDs
- Software controlled charger operation and diagnostics
- Disconnects battery and power after shutdown
- Fully PC/104 compliant
- Optional rugged IDAN® enclosure system