The Bengal is a low-power / high-performance single board computer (SBC) with a full complement of on-board I/O. Driven by the low power Intel® 22nm Silvermont microarchitecture (formerly known as Bay Trail), the Bengal provides up to 1.9 GHz of performance with quad, dual, and single-core processor options. Based on the industry-standard PC/104 format (4.23 x 3.77 inches), this SBC is an excellent solution for size, weight and power (SWaP) constrained applications.
Bengal is built on the new “PCIe/104 OneBank” format. Compatible with the PCI/104 Express format, it includes a legacy PCI connector, and a single bank high-speed PCIe connector. This provides flexible system expansion, while leaving more on-board space available for product features. The single bank connector is mechanically and electrically compatible with the existing PCI/104-Express Type 1 and Type 2 modules.
As with all VersaLogic products, the Bengal is designed to support OEM applications where high reliability and long-term availability are required. From application design-in support, to its 5+ year production life guarantee, the Bengal provides a durable embedded computer solution with an excellent cost of ownership.
Additional Information available at VersaLogic.com
- Intel Atom “Bay Trail” Processor: Up to 1.9 GHz clock rate. Quad, dual or single core options. Low power consumption.
- Integrated Intel Gen 7 graphics core supports DirectX 11, OpenGL 3, and H.264, MPEG-2 encoding/decoding. Analog and Dual mini DisplayPort video outputs; both outputs support multiple display modes including Extended Desktop and Clone.
- Trusted Platform Module: On-board TPM security chip can lock out unauthorized hardware and software
- RAM: Up to 16 GB DDR3L socketed memory, one SO-DIMM
- Two Ethernet interfaces, autodetect 10BaseT / 100BaseTX / 1000BaseT with remote boot support
- One USB 3.0 port and five USB 2.0 ports support keyboard, mouse, and other devices. Two RS-232/422/485 serial ports, three 8254 timer/counters, I2C, PWM output, and audio support
- Eighteen 3.3V digital I/O lines
- 3 Gb/s SATA port supports bootable SATA hard drive
- SPI/SPX: Add low cost analog, digital, and CANbus modules. SPI/SPX interface supports up to four external devices
- Main Power Input: 5V Input ±5%
- Legacy stack-down PCI connector
- High speed stack-down PCIe connector
- -40° to +85°C operation for harsh environments
- Industry-standard PC/104 OneBank™ expansion
- MIL-STD-202G Qualified for high shock/vibration operation