The COM16055/GPRS6055ER wireless GPRS GSM modem uses the latest technology to provide a reliable data connection to stationary or mobile GSM 900/ 1800/ 1900 fields around the world. Network connectivity is achieved using the Siemens MC55 GPRS engine. Optionally a Triorail module may be substituted (COM16055RER) for rail communication applications using GSM-R.
A standard tri-band GSM antenna connects to these boards via the on-board MCX connectors.
These boards have two 8-bit digital I/O ports for general purpose TTL-level control.
The COM16055 adds to these capabilities the iTrax03/02 GPS receiver unit from Fastrax. This receiver has low power consumption and supports both NMEA and binary interface protocols. Support for +3.3V or +5V active antennas is provided. Latest technologies are used for fast GPS fix and reliable tracking in difficult moving environments.
- Tri-band 900/1800/1900 MHz
- Siemens MC55 GSM engine
- Up to 85.6 Kbit/sec downlink speed with GPRS
- Output Power Class4 (2W) GSM900, Class 1 (1W) GSM1800/1900
- Triorail TRM:2 engine for railway systems GSM-R
- Data, voice, and text messaging
- Standard AT modem command set
- Fastrax iTrax03 low-power GPS Receiver
- NMEA or iTALK protocol
- L1 frequency, C/A code (SPS) with 12-channel satellite tracking
- Position accuracy of 3m (CEP), 8m (95%)
- 1Hz update rate (configurable up to 5Hz)
- Optional rugged IDAN® enclosure system