The Copperhead is a high-performance embedded computer powered by the 3rd Generation Intel “Ivy Bridge” family of processors. Its performance level and extensive I/O allows for the integration of multiple high-bandwidth functions, such as digital signal processing and real-time video processing, onto a single board. This can drastically reduce system cost and size when used to replace multi-board chassis-based systems or custom hardware.
For systems that require video processing or intense computation, the Copperhead features a high-speed memory interface, up to 16 GB on-board RAM capacity, and up to three independent display outputs. The PCIe/104 expansion site with a PCIe x16 lane is ideal for add-on cards, such as frame grabbers.
Based on the industry-standard EBX format, the Copperhead provides a choice of Intel core i7, core i3, and Celeron processor options to meet a variety of price/performance application requirements. It features several heat management configurations and offers options for I/O interfaces and interface connectors. The Copperhead enables scalability, simplifies design, and lowers overall system cost.
Additional Information available at VersaLogic.com
- Intel® 3rd Generation Core™ Processor Core i7, Core i3, and Celeron CPU options (formerly known as "Ivy Bridge")
- Advanced CPU technology features: Intel Turbo Boost 2.0*, Intel vPro*, Hyper-threading* (two threads per core), and Advanced Vector Extensions* (AVX)
- -40° to +85°C operation for harsh environments
- High-performance Video: Integrated Intel HD graphics core with GPU Turbo Boost*. DirectX 11, MPEG-2, H.264, OGL 3.1 compliant and MPEG-2 video encoding and decoding
- Supports up to three independent displays
- Standard video outputs include LVDS for flat panel displays, dual mini DisplayPort™, and an analog VGA output. All outputs support multiple display modes including Extended Desktop and Clone
- Dual Ethernet interfaces, autodetect 10BaseT / 100BaseTX / 1000BaseT with network boot capability
- Up to 16 GB DDR3L socket memory up to 1600 MT/s., two SO-DIMM sockets
- Two SATA 6 Gb/s, and two SATA 3 Gb/s ports support high-capacity storage (rotating media or solid-state drives). Includes hardware RAID 0/1/5/10 support
- Two USB 3.0 ports, ten USB 2.0 ports support keyboard, mouse, and other devices. Four RS-232/422 serial ports, three 8254 timer/counters, and Intel High Definition Audio (HDA) compatible
- Analog + Digital I/O: On-board data acquisition support. Sixteen analog inputs, eight analog outputs, and thirty-two digital I/O lines
- Dedicated mSATA socket and eUSB interface provides additional solid-state drive (SSD) options
- Accepts 9 to 15 volts (12V nominal) simplifies system power supply requirements. Copperhead is fully compatible with 12V automotive applications
- Trusted Platform Module: Optional) on-board security to defend against attacks from unauthorized hardware and software for applications that require enhanced hardware-level security functions
- SPZ Expansion: Add low cost analog, digital, and CANbus modules. SPX interface supports up to four external SPX devices