The CPU-1454 is an embedded RoHS compliant board based on two modules: a mezzanine CPU module combined with a PC/104-Plus form factor carrier.
The mezzanine CPU module features the processor and its Intel® 815E chipset with 100MHz bus frequency. The processor is the Intel® Celeron® 400MHz 0.13m that has low power consumption making it ideal for embedded applications. The system comes with 256MB SDRAM soldered onboard. No active cooling is required to operate within the standard and extended temperature ranges.
The carrier implements all the connections to the external world, including 4 USB ports, 1 Gigabit Ethernet interface (1000Mbps), Ethernet 10/100MB, Analog VGA and Digital LVDS outputs, 2 Serial ports, 1 AC97 audio interface, Auxiliary Power, Keyboard and Mouse connectors and an IDE controller that supports any type of IDE Flash devices (Disk-On-Module, Compact Flash and Flash Disk). The carrier also performs the connections for the ISA and PCI bus enabling the CPU-1454 to stack on top of a PC/104-Plus system. The carrier provides support for Watchdog management and Real Time Clock (external backup battery) and can be customized to match specific customer needs.
The BIOS for the module is embedded and is located in a 1MB Flash EPROM, it is fully re-programmable onboard. The set-up parameters are saved in Flash to allow the module to operate without a battery.
- Intel Celeron 400MHz, 256KB L2 cache, 100MHz PSB
- 256MB SDRAM soldered on board
- IDE Controller UltraATA, 2x Serial ports, 4x USB 1.1
- Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet
- Video: VGA + LVDS interfaces
- Temperature monitor with hardware thermal management circuit
- Power fail NMI (safe operation between 4.75V and 5.25V)
- Extended operating temperature range available (-40°C to +85°C)