The CPU-1464 is an embedded RoHS compliant board based on two modules: a mezzanine CPU module combined with a PC/104-Plus form factor carrier.
The mezzanine CPU module features the processor and its Intel® 815E chipset with 133MHz maximum bus frequency. The processor is the Intel® PentiumIII® 800MHz. The system comes with 256MB SDRAM soldered onboard. No active cooling is required to operate within the standard and extended temperature ranges.
The carrier implements all the connections to the external world, including 4 USB ports, 1 Gigabit Ethernet interface (1000Mbps), Ethernet 10/100MB, Analog VGA and Digital LVDS outputs, 2 Serial ports, 1 AC97 audio interface, Auxiliary Power, Keyboard and Mouse connectors and an IDE controller that supports any type of IDE Flash devices (Disk-On-Module, Compact Flash and Flash Disk). The carrier also performs the connections for the ISA and PCI bus enabling the CPU-1464 to stack on top of a PC/104-Plus system. The carrier provides support for Watchdog management and Real Time Clock (external backup battery) and can be customized to match specific customer needs.
The BIOS for the module is embedded and is located in a 1MB Flash EPROM, it is fully re-programmable onboard. The set-up parameters are saved in Flash to allow the module to operate without a battery.
- Intel PentiumIII 800MHz, 512KB L2 cache, 133MHz PSB
- 256MB SDRAM soldered on board
- Serial ports: 1x RS232, 1x RS232/422/485
- 4x USB 1.1 ports
- Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet
- Video controllers: Analog VGA and Digital LVDS output
- Virtual Peripheral Support (V.P.S.): this mode allows users to bootstrap from the parallel or serial ports and redirect Keyboard, Video, Floppy Disk on the serial/parallel ports before booting the Operating System. It is also possible to redirect any of these peripherals as default setting.
- Etherboot support: this feature allows the system to boot up from a LAN connection for diskless operation.
- Extended operating temperature range (-40°C to +85°C) and conformal coating available