The Emerald-MM-8EL-XT is a family of high performance PCIe/104 “OneBank®” serial I/O modules offering 4 or 8 multiprotocol serial ports with software-controlled configuration and optional opto-isolation. All features are sofware-configured; the board contains no jumpers. Extended temperature operation of -40°C to +85°C is tested and guaranteed.
The serial ports are based on a high speed PCIe octal UART with 256-byte TX/RX FIFOs and auto RS-485 transmit control. Each serial port can be independently configured for RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 protocols, along with programmable 120-ohm line termination. Each port is independently isolated with an isolated power + signal chip, plus additional isolators for control signals. The board features intelligent power management that limits inrush current on power-up and also enables power-down of unused serial ports for power savings.
Opto-isolated models feature independent 2500VRMS isolation circuits for enhanced reliability in vehicle or long cable applications. All ports also feature +/-15KV ESD protection. Each serial port is available on an independent latching connector for increased isolation and ruggedness. With its wide operating temperature range and high resistance to shock and vibration, the EMM-8EL-XT fits a wide variety of rugged and on-vehicle embedded serial I/O application needs.
EMM-8EL-XT also offers 8 digital/analog I/O lines which are programmable from the on-board microcontroller. Each I/O line can be configured for digital input or output. Seven of the I/O lines can be configured for 12-bit A/D input with selectable 0-2.048V or 0-3.3V input ranges.
- 4 or 8 multiprotocol serial ports
- 100% software configured -- no jumpers
- Maximum baud rate: RS-232 mode -- 1Mbps; RS-422/485 mode -- 10Mbps
- 16550 compatible octal UART with 256-byte TX/RX FIFOs
- Software configurable for RS-232/422/485 protocols
- SP330 multiprotocol transceivers, one per port
- Optional 2500VRMS opto-isolation, each port isolated independently
- Programmable RS-422/485 termination
- +/-15KV ESD protection on each port
- Staggered turn-on of isolated devices for reduced inrush current at power on
- 8 programmable digital I/O or analog input lines
- Comprehensive software suite enables easy configuration and control
- Latching connectors for increased ruggedness
- PCIe x1 host interface using PCIe/104 OneBank® connector
- Supports Linux, Windows XP, 7, Vista and 2000