The Janus-MM-4LP-XT family of I/O modules offers two or four opto-isolated CANbus 2.0B ports plus 16 digital I/O lines. Models are available in both the PC/104-Plus and PC/104 form factors. An FGPA core houses the CAN controller logic and digital I/O logic providing data rates up to 1Mbps. Each CAN port supports standard and extended frames as well as expanded TX and RX message queues for enhanced performance. Each port has its own combination isolator and transceiver chip.
Janus-MM-4LP-XT fits a wide variety of rugged and on-vehicle embedded serial I/O application needs. It was designed with harsh applications in mind including latching connectors to further improve reliability. Extended temperature operation of -40°C to +85°C is tested and guaranteed. The module is compatible with MIL-STD-202G shock and vibration specifications.
Janus-MM-4LP-XT comes with a basic CAN driver for both Windows Embedded 7 and Linux Ubuntu 12.04 LTS operating systems. Windows Embedded 7 and Linux APIs and monitor programs are also included. The monitor program shown below allows users to set, manage and observe all of the functions and traffic on the CAN ports and digital I/O lines.
- 2 or 4 CAN 2.0B ports
- Data rates up to 1Mbps
- Supports standard (11-bit identifier) and extended (29-bit identifier) frames
- Expanded TX and RX message queues for enhanced performance
- 16 8-byte transmit message queues
- 31 8-byte receive messsage queues
- 16 receive filters
- Galvanically isolated transceivers
- 500V port-to-host and port-to-port isolation
- Jumper selectable biased split termination for improved noise reduction
- 16 digital I/O lines
- Latching connectors for increased ruggedness
- Basic CAN drivers included with APIs and monitor program
- PC/104 or PC/104-Plus form factors
- -40ºC to +85ºC operation