The Newt is an economical single board computer (SBC) featuring extensive I/O capabilities, very low power consumption, and fanless operation over the full industrial temperature (-40º to +85ºC) range. The Newt takes advantage of DMP’s Vortex86DX System on Chip (SoC) for 800 MHz performance with only 3.6W typical power draw. Based on the industry-standard EPIC form factor (4.5 x 6.5 inches), this SBC is an excellent solution for industrial and medical applications with substantial I/O requirements.
The Newt is designed for headless applications (no video output), or it may be used with add-on video expansion modules.
Like all VersaLogic products, the Newt is designed to support OEM applications where high reliability and long-term availability are required. From application design-in support, to its 5+ year production life guarantee, the Newt provides a durable embedded computer solution with an excellent cost of ownership. The Newt is fully RoHS compliant.
Additional Information available at VersaLogic.com
- DMP Vortex86DX Processor 800 MHz performance. Very low power consumption
- Single or dual Ethernet with remote boot support. Optional latching connectors
- On-board data acquisition. Up to 16 analog inputs, 8 analog outputs, and 32 digital I/O lines
- Up to 1 GB soldered-on RAM
- Up to four USB ports support keyboard, mouse, and other devices
- Four on-board serial ports
- IDE interface with support for two devices
- CompactFlash® socket or eUSB interface for plug-in flash storage.
- -40° to +85°C operation for harsh environments
- MIL-STD-202G Qualified for high shock/vibration environments.
- SPX™ Expansion Add low cost analog, digital, or CANbus modules