The PCAN-PC/104-Plus Quad card enables the connection of four CAN networks to a PC/104-Plus system. Up to four cards can be operated, with each piggy-backing off the next. The CAN bus is connected using a 9-pin D-Sub plug on the slot brackets supplied. There is galvanic isolation of up to 500 Volts between the computer and CAN sides.
The package is also supplied with the CAN monitor PCAN-View for Windows and the programming interface PCAN-Basic.
- Use of the 120-pin connection for the PCI bus
- Up to four cards can be used in one system
- 4 High-speed CAN channels (ISO 11898-2)
- Bit rates from 5 kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s
- Compliant with CAN specifications 2.0A (11-bit ID) and 2.0B (29-bit ID)
- Connection to CAN bus through D-Sub slot brackets, 9-pin (in accordance with CiA® 303-1)
- FPGA implementation of the CAN controller (SJA1000 compatible)
- NXP PCA82C251 CAN transceiver
- Galvanic isolation on the CAN connection up to 500 V, separate for each CAN channel
- 5-Volt supply to the CAN connection can be connected through a solder jumper, e.g., for external bus converter
- Extended operating temperature range from -40 to 85 °C (-40 to 185 °F)
- Optionally available: PC/104-ISA stack-through connector