The PCAN-PC/104-Plus card enables the connection of one or two CAN networks to a PC/104-Plus system. Up to four cards can be operated, with each piggy-backing off the next. The CAN bus is connected using a 9-pin D-Sub plug on the slot bracket supplied.
The card is available as a single or dual-channel version. The opto-decoupled versions also guarantee galvanic isolation of up to 500 Volts between the PC and the CAN sides.
The package is also supplied with the CAN monitor PCAN-View for Windows® and the programming interface PCAN-Basic.
- Use of the 120-pin connection for the PCI bus
- Up to four cards can be used in one system
- 1 or 2 High-speed CAN channels (ISO 11898-2)
- Bit rates from 5 kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s
- Compliant with CAN specifications 2.0A (11-bit ID) and 2.0B (29-bit ID)
- Connection to CAN bus through D-Sub slot bracket, 9-pin (in accordance with CiA® 303-1)
- NXP SJA1000 CAN controller, 16 MHz clock frequency
- NXP PCA82C251 CAN transceiver
- 5-Volt supply to the CAN connection can be connected through a solder jumper, e.g., for external bus converter
- Optionally available: Galvanic isolation on the CAN connection up to 500 V, separate for each CAN channel
- Extended operating temperature range from -40 to 85 °C (-40 to 185 °F)
- Optionally available: PC/104-ISA stack-through connector