The PCAN-PCI/104-Express card enables the connection of one, two, or four CAN buses to a PCI/104-Express system. Up to four cards can be stacked together. The CAN bus is connected using a 9-pin D-Sub plug on the slot brackets supplied. There is galvanic isolation of up to 500 Volts between the computer and CAN sides. There are versions with one, two and four channels.
The package is also supplied with the CAN monitor PCAN-View for Windows® and the programming interface PCAN-Basic.
- PCI/104-Express card, 1 lane (x1)
- Up to four cards can be used in one system
- 1, 2, or 4 High-speed CAN channels (ISO 11898-2)
- Bit rates from 5 kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s
- Compliant with CAN specifications 2.0A (11-bit ID) and 2.0B (29-bit ID)
- Connection to CAN bus through D-Sub slot bracket, 9-pin (in accordance with CiA® 303-1)
- FPGA implementation of the CAN controller (SJA1000 compatible)
- NXP PCA82C251 CAN transceiver
- Galvanic isolation on the CAN connection up to 500 V, separate for each CAN channel
- Supplied only via the 5 V line
- 5-Volt supply to the CAN connection can be connected through a solder jumper, e.g., for external bus converter
- Extended operating temperature range from -40 to 85 °C (-40 to 185 °F)
- Optionally available: PCI-104 stack-through connector