The Parvus SWI-22-10 is a rugged Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) Gigabit Ethernet switch card optimized for size, weight and power (SWaP) sensitive embedded military and civilian computer network systems applications. Featuring advanced Layer 2 networking features with up to 20 ports of 10/100/1000 Mbps connectivity, an integrated management processor, low power consumption, and robust carrier Ethernet software features, the SWI-22-10 enables reliable local area network (LAN) switching across extended operating temperature ranges (-40 to +85°C) and extreme shock/vibration for technology refresh and platforms including mobile, tactical, aerospace, and ground vehicle applications. With a compact PCI/104-Express form factor (approx. 3.6″ x 3.8″) featuring either eight (8) or twenty (20) ports of 1000Base-T Ethernet, the SWI-22-10 is one of the smallest rugged Gigabit Ethernet switches available and an ideal solution for connecting a large number of IP-enabled embedded devices, including computers, cameras, sensors, and command-and-control equipment deployed in manned and unmanned system platforms at the network edge. To enhance reliably, the product features industrial temperature grade components, BGA underfilling, component potting, no moving parts, and optional conformal coating.
This fully managed Layer 2+ switch card supports IPv4 and IPv6 multicast traffic, Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), port control (speed / mode / statistics, flow control), Quality of Service (QoS) traffic prioritization, Link Aggregation (802.3ad), SNMPv1/v2/v3 management, secure authentication (802.1X, ACLs, Web/CLI), redundancy (RSTP/ MSTP), precision timing (IEEE-1588v2), port monitoring, IGMP Snooping, and data zeroization. The unit also supports Layer 3 IPv4 / IPv6 unicast static routing for IP routing to attached WAN / radio ports.The SWI-22-10 Ethernet Switch is designed to integrate with open-architecture PCI-104, PCIe/104, PC/104-Plus, PCI/104-Express, EPIC, or EBX systems, as well as non- PC/104 embedded systems, while flexibly supporting either CAT5e cabling or cableless (board-to-board) termination of the Ethernet signals. The SWI- 22-10 is available as a standalone card or pre-integrated into the DuraNET 20-10 switch subsystem. The board is also available pre-integrated in a combined switch/router system (see DuraMAR 5915 3X model) and can also be integrated by the factory with other PC104-based DuraCOR or DuraWORX mission computer subsystems.
- HIGH PORT DENSITY: Up to 20 Ports of Gigabit Ethernet Switch Ports in Single-Slot PCI/104-Express Form Factor (3.6”x3.8”) Card
- RUGGED DESIGN: -40/+85C Extended Temp, Vibration Tolerant Connectors for Cableless/Cabled Network Connections, Staked & Underfilled Components
- Carrier Ethernet (CE) Switch Engine with Embedded 32-Bit Management Processor
- CE Services Software Deliver Rich Layer-2 Switch Features, Layer 3-Aware Packet Processing, Service Classification and Traffic Policing; IEEE-1588 Precision Timing Protocol and Hardware Accurate Timestamping
- Layer 2 SWITCHING: 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet Connectivity, IPv4 / IPv6 Multicast, VLAN, QoS / CoS Traffic Prioritization, Multiple/Rapid Spanning Tree, Link Aggregation, IEEE-1588 Sync
- Layer 3 Routing: Layer 3 IPv4 / IPv6 Unicast Static Routing Support for IP Routing to Attached WAN / Radio Ports
- MANAGEMENT: SNMPv3, HTTP Server, Web GUI, RS-232 Console CLI, Port Monitoring, RMON, Syslog, Network Access Server (NAS), 802.1X Authentication, IGMP Snooping, Access Control Lists (ACLs), Zeroization, Built in Test (BIT) Diagnostics
- LOW POWER: Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE-802.3az) Support with Low-Power PHYs and Smart Cable Reach Technology for Extremely Low Power Consumption
- BUS or EXTERNAL POWERING: Can be Powered via PCI-104 (PCI) bus, PCIe104 (PCI Express) bus or Auxiliary Power Connector for Standalone Operation
- INTEGRATION FLEXIBILITY: Two Connector (Harwin, Molex) Options to Support Either Hand Crimping CAT5e Cabling or Board-to-Board (Cableless) Interface for Ethernet Ports