The VCODEC-H264-D4 is a 4 channel, full frame rate H.264 Codec for the PC/104-plus bus system. The VCODEC-H264-D4 provides a powerful solution for capturing and compressing analog video inputs to the H.264 standard. The VCODEC-H264-D4 not only provides H.264 compression but can also simultaneously decompress and replay recordings from storage to display.
The VCODEC-H264-D4 allows high quality real-time video and audio capture and compression from NTSC/PAL video sources to disk and simultaneously provides an additional path for uncompressed video for on-screen preview or optional downstream video analytics. The high performance H.264 video data compression and reduced bus utilization allows up to four VCODEC-H264-D4 cards to be fitted in a PC/104-plus system.
In addition to the video codec functionality, the VCODEC-H264-D4 is equipped with a RS-485 serial port for connection with collaborating equipment such as camera PTZ control. This feature further expands the versatility and application area of VCODEC-H264-D4.
The VCODEC-H264-D4 is support by a set of well-documented, comprehensive SDKs that minimize development risk and shorten time-to-market for applications in video streaming, recording, or routing. The SDKs are available on popular embedded operating systems such as Window and Linux.
Typical applications using VCODEC-H264-D4 include solid-state digital video streaming/routing server, vehicle-based video codec, law enforcement, crime scene recording, remote video surveillance, multi-camera security application, asset monitoring, traffic monitoring and control as well as video acquisition and analytics.
- Quad speed H.264 (MPEG-4 Part 10 AVC) video codec
- Up to 4 x 4CIF (704 x576) size encoding at full frame rate (NTSC/PAL video signals)
- H.264 decode playback
- Composite video or s-video outputs for preview or playback
- Full bit mapped graphics overlay with multi-level alpha blending
- Automatic detection of motion
- G.723 audio codec for each input channel with single audio playback channel
- Real-time video preview to system VGA or NTSC/PAL output
- RS-485 Serial port for camera
- PTZUp to 4 VCODEC-H264-D4 cards per system
- Drivers for Windows XP/XP-Embedded and Linux
- PC/104-Plus 3.3v Add-in module
- Operating temperature: 0°C to +60°C or -40°C to +85°C