The Ruby-MM-1616A PC/104 modules provide up to 16 channels of 16-bit resolution analog voltage or current output. Each channel’s output range can be individually programmed for 0-5V, 0-10V, +/-5V, +/-10V, 0-20mA, 4-20mA, or 0-24mA. Outputs may be updated individually or simultaneously, either with a software command or in response to a timer or an external signal. A waveform generator is available on up to 16 channels with simultaneous updating of all channels.
The board also includes 48 lines of digital I/O with 40 lines byte-wide and 8 lines bit-wide, two 32-bit counter/timers, four 24-bit pulse width modulators, and HART signal handling on four analog channels.
Ruby-MM-1616A utilizes the latest advances in D/A technology, including ultra-stable references and lifetime digital calibration, for superior long-term reliability. The dual-architecture FPGA supports both PC/104 and PC/104-Plus configurations.
All Ruby-MM-1616A models ship with Diamond’s free Universal Driver software for C language programming under Windows 7, Windows Embedded 7, Windows XP, Linux and DOS. All major functions of the board are supported by the driver and example programs are also included.
Extended temperature capability of -40ºC to +85ºC enables the board to operate in environments with extreme temperature swings, such as vehicles or outdoor installations. In addition, the board may be custom-configured with 0-ohm resistors in place of jumpers for increased ruggedness in high-vibration environments.
- 4, 8 or 16 16-bit analog outputs
- 0-5V, 0-10V, +/-5V, and +/-10V voltage output ranges
- 0-20mA, 4-20mA and 0-24mA current output ranges
- Independent output range for each channel
- Waveform generator on up to 16 channels
- 48 digital I/O lines, bit and byte-wide
- 2 32-bit programmable counter/timers
- 4 24-bit programmable pulse width modulators
- PC/104 or PC/104-Plus configurations available
- -40ºC to +85ºC operating temperature
- Supported by Universal Driver software for Windows and Linux