Jupiter-MM-5000 high-efficiency, high-precision power supplies consist of a PC/104 form factor module with complete DC-DC voltage regulator circuitry, integrated thermal solution, detachable screw terminal block I/O connections, and PC/104 bus connectors. The wide input voltage range of 7 to 34VDC is compatible with industry standard 12V, 24V, and 28V inputs. PC/104 and PC/104-Plus models are both available.
The Jupiter-MM-5000 uses a state-of-the-art design with the latest generation high efficiency components. It delivers efficiency as high as 95 percent, reducing input power requirements as well as heat generation.
Jupiter-MM-5000 was engineered for rugged applications such as automotive or on-vehicle. Extended temperature operation of -40°C to +85°C is tested and guaranteed. Low-profile, surface mount components reduce susceptibility to shock and vibration. Both a low profile heat sink and heat spreader cooling options are available. I/O connections are made with locking screw terminal blocks for the highest degree of ruggedness.
Several customization and minimum order quantity (MOQ) options are available for the Jupiter-MM-5000 power supply family:
- Add 3.3V at 5A output
- Add dual input power connectors with auto-cutover
Both heat sink and heat spreader cooling options are available. Diamond Systems recommends that JMM-5000 power supplies with heat sinks be used only in applications with power dissipation of 100W or less. The heat spreader cooling option can be used for all output loads.
- Up to 196W total output power at 25°C
- +5VDC at 20A maximum
- +12VDC at 8A maximum
- Optional +3.3VDC at 5A maximum (minimum order quantities apply)
- Extreme load stability: 0.35% maximum output voltage droop at 5V output, 0-20A load, VIN = 12V, TA = 25°C
- Extremely low ripple: 12mV peak-to-peak at 5V output, 0-20A load, VIN = 12V, TA = 25°C
- High efficiency: 92-94% at 5V output, 0-20A load, VIN = 12V, TA = 25°C
- Excellent transient load response: +/-72mV at 5V output, 25-75% load step, 2.5A/usec ramp rate, VIN = 24V, TA = 25°C
- Extreme temperature stability: +/-0.5% at 5V output, 10A load, VIN = 24V, TA = -40°C to +85°C
- Input protection circuit protects from over/under voltage, reverse polarity, surges, transients, reflected noise
- Output current limit and short circuit protection
- Wide input voltage range: +7 to +34VDC input
- Heat spreader and heat sink cooling solutions
- PC/104 and PC/104-Plus bus connector options
- Extremely rugged -40°C to +85°C operating temperature